Thursday, August 13, 2009

Communication

I wonder if this is God's way of answering my prayer. I felt like I have been lacking communications with my parents all these years, and I really wanted to do something about it. However, due to all kinds of historic reasons, I had trouble bringing home anything but good news. I felt like good news is the only thing that would please them, and everything else would get me in trouble. Today I realized it is all one big misunderstanding due to the lack of communication. My mom probably think I am too self-centered and do not care about her feelings at all. She has her reasons; she probably felt disrespected when I never ask her opinions about anything I do. What she doesn't know is the reason I don't tell her in the first place. It was hard for me to tell them things they may not like, because the answer is always "no no no" when I was younger. As I grow up, I still have the same mentality. It was just making it difficult for everyone, and as time goes by, the situation intensified.

I hope this is the start of our communication flow after 27 years. I have big plans coming in the future, and I do hope my parents will be there to support me, no matter what they were. God, please look after us.

No comments:

Post a Comment